Thursday, October 1, 2009

So much to be thankful for...



So this is National Down syndrome awareness month...OCTOBER...I am so thankful for the journey we have been on...I never knew Down syndrome would be part of my life...I never knew I would feel the way I do about my youngest son, who happens to have an extra chromosome...the love, the admiration, the joy, the innocence, the happiness and more! I can remember the initial shock when I was 5 months pregnant...I can remember grieving the son I thought I was preparing for...but those moments didn't last long...I can remember the relief in putting my trust in God to prepare me for a different journey...a different path in life and I can not thank God enough, even to this day.
October is Down syndrome Awareness month and if there is a way to touch someone this month by reading my blog or the amazing blogs I follow...I am going to challenge myself to write something everyday...there is a slogan "31 for 21" ...31 days of awareness for Trisomy 21.
As I look at the picture above, I couldn't be more happier in life...my family is complete. I have a wonderful husband, 3 beautiful children. A great extended family who love and adore Brayden and have been touched by Down syndrome in their lives as well. I can't thank our friends enough too for their continual support and love. Brayden is so lucky to have you all...and I want to say to all my blogging buddies, thanks for being such a big extended family...the support, advice, and admiration I have for all of you is extraordinary...
Here is to Day 1 of blogging for the 31 days in October...Oh, I don't know if I can do it but I will try...:) Weekends are going to be the hardest for me, as I hardly get on...but I will give it my best...lol..

3 comments:

Heidi said...

What a beautiful picture! You are so blessed!

Kim said...

Great family photo and well said. I can completely relate with you! Mattie really was a blessing we never expected. Good luck with the 31 for 21!

Monica Crumley said...

You have a beautiful family! I totally agree w/ you... the blessings we have are too great to count.